- Fully Customizable Gateway SoC Platform Targets Wide Variety of IoT Applications Tech Videos Site Sponsors Featured Tech Videos
- Fully Customizable Gateway SoC Platform Targets Wide Variety of IoT Applications Tech Videos Industry Trends Site Sponsors Featured Tech Videos
- Side-Channel Attacks Make Devices Vulnerable
- IoT Security: Intel EPID Starts at the Silicon Tech Videos Industry Trends Featured Products Site Sponsors Featured Tech Videos
- What Does An IoT Chip Look Like?
As an EDA toolchain provider, Mentor keeps a close eye on security issues that occur in the world of electronics. We see volumes of research centered on protecting complex SoCs from attacks and interesting studies about detecting malicious logic in these ICs. But, security issues around IoT edge devices are rarely mentioned in the literature. However, the projected billions of IoT edge devices out in the wild makes for a vast attack surface. Should hardware designers be concerned about security for IoT edge devices? And, is it worth the effort and cost to ensure security at this level? We explore internal design vulnerabilities and 3rd-party attacks on IoT edge devices in this paper in order to answer that question.
To read more, click here.
Preventing IoT Edge Device Vulnerabilities have 124 words, post on semiengineering.com at 2017-12-07 09:31:18. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.